1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem playing DVD after AVI conversion

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by robbee111, Nov 13, 2007.

1. robbee111

robbee111 Member

Hi
    My name is robbee111. I had copied several AVI format movies on my hard drive. I then used a converter AVI to DVD, which converts the AVI in order to play on my DVD player. My problem is some of my converted DVD wont play on my stand-alone (Samsung) player. Some of them will play. Can u help me with any solutions . I get a error message " cannot read disk". However the disk will play on my home computer DVD. Why is this...I also tried to use DECRYPTER with the converted dvd disk as my Source, and created ISO file as my destination. Then I tried to Burn with DECRYPTER. The decryption worked and the burned worked, however when tryied to play the burned disk again. ERROR Disk appeared again. Any help I would appriciate much.

Thanks
    robbee111

2. attar

attar Senior member

Consider that most video is in PAL or NTSC format.
    If your converter is set to 'Automatic', you will get an output in the same video format as the input.
    Either format plays on the PC, but many standalone DVD players (especially in North America) will not accept both.

3. robbee111

robbee111 Member

attar: thanks for the reply.... I will look in to this

robbee111