1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem playing movie backup

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Boomsly, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Boomsly

Boomsly Member

I backed up a movie onto DVD+r using dvd decrypter. It runs fine in my pc and on my one dvd player. But my dvd player stereo (with 5.1 surround sound hooked up into) won't play the first 15 minutes properly, the picture is messed up the menu is also messed up. but after about 10-15 minutes the picture becomes fine and seems to be good for the rest of the movie. I just can't figure out why it will play fine in my using power dvd and my other dvd player. Any help would be appreciated.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved from dvd-r for advanced users*

That forum is more for advanced questions as opposed to advanced users.

Also, is DVD Decrypter the only program you used? ie. backed up a dvd-5?

If it plays fine in another dvd player and your pc, but not in a different standalone player ... I would say it's a compatability issue.

On your problem player, can you play other backups on it? What brand of media are you using?

3. Boomsly

Boomsly Member

Well I found out afterwards the original doesn't even play properly for the first chapter on the problem dvd player. So I guess it's a hardware problem rather then a software. Even then anyone have any ideas? Can't be dirt on the lense because the whole dvd would be distorted but it's only the first chapter and abit of the 2nd. and it's not the dvd itself because both the original and backup don't work right only on the one dvd player. This one is confusing.