1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem playing vcd to standalone player

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Ripper1, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Ripper1

Ripper1 Guest

I've using Tmpgenc to convert avi to mpeg for one month its been working well and playing well on my standalone player. But now it does'nt play any vcd that i converted. i tried nero to burn it,gold5,easycd creator, it wont play. do you guys think i need to buy the tmpgenc, because the 30 days is over?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

No it wouldnt if its vcd you are creating!

3. Ripper1

Ripper1 Guest

yes im creating vcd only, but i dont understand why for the past couple days now it wont play on my vcd player.i was doing well on the first time now i cant backup my movies. i wasted plenty of cdr media. do you think something wrong with my recorder or software that i used to record? i got panasonic dvd, vcd player model DV-353 and i got Sony dvd and vcd player they both dont reconized my vcd movie. But what i dont understand is they used to play does first previous vcd movie that i have encoded with tmpgenc? I have Sony cdr recorder and i also have sony dvd recorder/w i tried both of them to record vcd but desame problem. Need help my hard drive gitting full.

4. Dela

Have you installed any new burning software lately, perhaps software that supplies a virtual cd drive?? Also, have you made any changes to the cd-r media you are using??

5. Ripper1

Ripper1 Guest

YES I DID, I INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE THAT CAME WITH MY NEW SONY DVD RECORDER. I HAVE NOT CHANGE MY CD-R MEDIA.DO YOU THINK SOMETHING GOT CORRUPTED WHEN I INSTALLED DOES SOFTWARE? I'LL TRY TO BURN ONE MORE TIME, AND ALSO RE-INSTALLED ALL MY BURNING SOFTWARE. dO YOU ITS A GOOD IDEA TO BUY THE LICENSED ONE FOR THE TMPGENC?. CAN I BUY TMPGENC BY MAIL SO I CAN GET THE DOCS.

6. Dela

I dont know about the docs to be honest! That software is most likely causing you the trouble! I would recommend that you get TMPGEnc Plus because the quality will be much higher!

7. Ripper1

Ripper1 Guest

I WILL GET THE PLUS, THANK FOR YOUR HELP

8. Dela

Np Problem ;-)