1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem recoding converted x-vid to dvd format made with nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by PoDgE, Apr 10, 2004.

1. PoDgE

PoDgE Member

Hey all,
    Hows it goin? I converted ufc 47 x-vid rip to dvd with nero, its at 6.5 gig and i wanna recode it to fit on a dvd-5, so simple but ofcourse theres always a problem. Ive tred nero recode, dvdshrink and dvd2one and none of them are working, nero recode says "it has encountered and illegal program state" and stops working when i try to open the file. dvd2one says after 2% of the processing 1."error adjusting the IFO file. It doesn't match the VOB file"
    2."for full disk copy you need to copy all files from the dvd in file mode" and dvd shrink says "dvd shrink encountered an error and cant continue...Invalid DVD navigation structure" anyone know what i should do instead of goin back and doing the whole thing over again...it plays fine on the pc with all the navigation and menus...theyre all fine so i really dont want to go back to the start again.
    Thanks,
    Dave

2. clueless1

clueless1 Member

3. PoDgE

PoDgE Member

Cheers for that,
    But thats not what i was asking. Ive done all that through nero (and a countless number of other times). Its a 2 part x-vid meaning it comes out too big for 1 dvd-r so i need to be able to shrink it after with something like dvd2one or nero recode and not have it mess up

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi podge
    If what your dealing with now is a mpgeg 2,have you tried,TMPGEnc dvd author?
    Load your mpeg into dvd author to make vob files,and then open up your files with dvd shrink, and try shrinking them that way,once youve shrunk them,then burn your vobs with nero.

guide for author: http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides.php?category=dvdauthor&name=tmpegencdvdauthor
    (trial version availabe)

If its been encoded right then the only error message you'll get is, -the project is too big for a standard dvd-,just click ignore and make non standard.You might want to add chapters in author,in case you decided to split it,(may take too much compression)to fit on one dvd.
    If you got this far,open up shrink and click on,open files,browse to your vobs and hopefully you can shrink it now.
    burn your vobs with nero like you would usually and hopefully,you got it.
    I dont use nero to encode,thats one of the things nero doesnt do well.From the info your giving im only guessing to what you have.
    If this doesnt work then i suggest you drop back 15 yards and punt,and redo the whole thing like clueless suggested.
    hope this works for you
    good luck
    jim

5. PoDgE

PoDgE Member

Thakns jim...
    I gave up on what i was trying to do for the moment and went and did it that way already. I was using nero so i could customize my background videos on the menu. it seemed easy. had an idea though...would it work if i did it backwards. i.e take the files i made with nero, compress them with a movie only feature on dvd shrink and then loaded the vob files into nero and edited from there...itd take longer but im wondering would it work?
    Ill try it tomorrow either way...just wondering if anyone has ever tried this