1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem removing js:miner trojan

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by ballboy88, Oct 11, 2017.

1. ballboy88

ballboy88 Regular member

I am running a laptop with Windows 10 home edition and when online recently (chrome) I received a a warning from my avast free antivirus telling me that it had closed a connection to coinhive.com and it had found a js:miner-a trojan. I had never heard of this before but after googling it I found several tutorials dealing with removing it, basically running several anti malware programs and resetting my browser. I downloaded and ran nearly every program but each time I came across the same result when browsing. The programs i have ran are spybot search and destroy, malwarebytes, hitmanpro, eek emergency kit scanner, zemana anti malware, unhack me and eusing free registry cleaner. i thought I had resolved the problem after several runs of each program over the past couple of days but today I received the avast warning again. I would appreciate any help on ridding myself of this problem if anyone has any ideas on what steps to take next. Also the avast warning has came up with js:miner-d as well as js:miner-a at different times.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

do a system restore to before this problem started.

3. ballboy88

ballboy88 Regular member

Thanks ddp, I have just checked my system restore and for some reason the only restore point it is offering is from earlier today labelled windows update / critical update. I don't know if any of the programs I have ran to try to get rid of the trojan has deleteted my restore points too as I definitely created at least one before and during the install of the programs mentioned in the OP.