1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem(s) in XP

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by bennasher, Aug 2, 2007.

1. bennasher

bennasher Regular member

Hi all fellow afterdawners,
    this propably is gonna sound like a really wierd and random problem but her goes:
    Ive been running XP for a very long time now and ive started getting this problem. Sometimes explorer will just, i dont know how to put it, its like exporer becomes inactive. The only way i so far have found of bypassing it is by going into task manager and clicking one of the sort tabs i.e user name/image name/etc. This recently has become more of an issue and has been happening alot more.

Also sometimes when i shutdown XP, i get an error flash before the 'windows is shutting down' screen. I know it says something to do with visual basic error but i cant quite see.

Any help is welcome. Thanks alot.
    Ben.

2. camaro17

camaro17 Guest

i dont know about the error before shutting down but just download mozilla firefox from www.mozilla.org and use it its better than internet explorer in every way.

3. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

and if you were using ie6 upgrade to ie7 but still use firefox for all your browsing

4. jony218

jony218 Guest

When I had a similar problem with windows explorer, I traced it to one of my sata 300gb data drives. I removed the hard drive and the problem went away. I put the sata drive in a external usb enclosure, and when connected to another computer it will cause explorer to crash(except for the drive causing explorer to crash sometimes, it works ok). That's just something I found that is known to cause explorer to crash.