1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem softmodding 2 out of 3 xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by 7808, Feb 5, 2007.

1. 7808

7808 Member

a friend came over showed me how to softmod with splintercell and AR, we did my box

so i copy his 2 save files to my pc from his mem card (sam and linux profiles)

copy them to my card

copy to my friends xbox HD

start game, go to load check points, go to linux, BAM xbox goes to needs service screen with a 21 in the top left corner, light flashes red. shut it off turn it on and it seems fine.

all 3 xboxs have the same dashboard version (5690?) all 3 are PROBLY differnt versions though, mine (the only one that softmoded) has the vented dvd tray. the other 2 dont. not sure if that has somthign to do with this.

both his xboxs do this error. anyone have an idea?

2. shark3226

shark3226 Guest

take that xbox and connect to the internet u dont need a XBL account just hit new account and let it connect and it will upgrade ur dash then try it after that if it still dont work pm me and i will figure it out 4 ya

3. 7808

7808 Member

i got all 3 modded and running now.

aprently i have to copy "SID 4 installer" and "Auto-Installer Deluxe v3" from my modded and working xbox hard drive with a memory card to the other would actually load the installer.

now when i copy my apps folder over to the E drive on the xbox (after there sucsessfuly runnig unleashX) they would all freeze at the unleashX screen after the xbox splash screen.

had to turn on the xbox with splinter cell in it so it would skip the dashboard, then i loaded the installer again and deleted the apps folder via ftp.

also, and the biggest problem, there all running unleashX fine, but none will connect to xbox live, all fail the connection test in MS dashboard. i set it back to automatic too still nothing.