1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem solved! Got ringtones to play on incoming calls....

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by ddc89, Dec 5, 2004.

1. ddc89

ddc89 Member

I read alot of people having this problem. I have a v220. The ringtones that came with the phone work fine. But when I try using a ringtone that I transferred through the cable won't work on an incoming call. After trying many different things and nothing worked this is what happened. I deleted the ringtones I added, put them back on. I turned off my phone and turned it back on. Set the ringtones. Now it works. My hubby has the same phone and I couldn't get his to work either. Turn off, turn back on, works. Whataya know! Also, I had a hard time finding a data cable for my phone, I just happened to be looking at the mp3 players at Walmart and there it was, the data cable that fits my phone. Its a Belkin USB 2.0 cable, A to 5-pin mini-B. It doesn't say cell phones on the package, but it works.
    Hope this helps!

2. M3phist0

M3phist0 Guest

you can also delete the mytonedb and temptone db in the root directory using p2kman and then reset the phone ....