1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem splitting avi files

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by showan, Oct 22, 2005.

1. showan

showan Regular member

Hello.

I'm using AVI MPEG ASF WMV Splitter v4.01 and I was having a problem with it. This has been an ongoing problem for a while. When I want to load an mpg file and clip some of it there's no problem there. When I try to do the same with an avi file I get the following error:

"Failed to open (filename). Seems the avi codec your avi file is using is not installed properly. Please read the help file."

So in the help file it talks about some avi files that can't be read. It says something about if the avi files has a divx codece do this... if it has an xvid codec do this...

Now I have FFDSHOW on my computer. Not really sure how to use all this codec junk. I was wondering if I need to install something or uninstall something. I'm not sure how to fix this. Can anyone offer any info that will point me in the right direction?

THanks a lot :)

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

You may first try use another program (e.g. Power Video Converter, X Video Converter) to see if you can do it.