1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Splitting AVI with VirtualDub

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by tanlin999, Feb 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanlin999

tanlin999 Member

I followed the instructions on http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/cut_avi_with_virtualdub.cfm to split an AVI file (it's DivX). the first half saved fine but the second half gets about half way through and then I get this error: "Video Frame 138384 could not be read from the source. The File May Be Corrupt." I checked the source file and there is a 5 minute sectio of the movie where it goes bad (no sound and flashing psychedelic colors) and then it resumes to the movie. When I look at the new file that was created just before the error, I see that it wrote about 3 minutes of the 'corrupted' movie. Is there anything I can do to get around this and write the whole second half?

2. Ben1000

Ben1000 Guest

Hey man dont worry about the size. Did ya girlfriend ever tell ya size doesn't matter?
    Dont really worry about it. Just convert the whole thing then get a program called avi splitter. Download the free trial version then get the patch. It works. Get back to me if ya cant find the programs.

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

This has been answered in separate thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.