1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem splitting files in Nero

Discussion in 'Audio' started by soundmate, Jun 17, 2003.

1. soundmate

soundmate Member

I split an whole album into separate tracks, then saved the compilation to burn at a latter date. However, when I opened the compilation again everything was messed up. The number of tracks were the same but their lenghts were different. Basicly, the first track was the lenght of the whole album, the second track was the lenght of whole album minus the lenght of the first track, the third minus the lenght of the previous two and so on.
    Has this happened to anyone else, this has happened to me often and on various versions.

Any way of restoring the compilation without having to split the whole album again?

2. minix

minix Member

Isn't your drive supported by Feurio?
    Splitting in Feurio is faster and easier than in Nero, and doesn't have these kind of problems (it's well programmed). The demo has no restriction.

And yes, I've tried what you say in Nero, and it's just another stupid bug that also happens in my computer.

3. soundmate

soundmate Member

I 've checked out the Feuiro web site and it looks impressive but unfortunatly my drive(Rioch DVD/CDRW MP9060) isn't supported.

I guess I'll have to split the file again and burn it straight away. Anyway, good to hear I 'm not the only one this has happened to.

4. minix

minix Member

Well, according to this:
    http://www.feurio.com/English/cd_writer.shtml

the Ricoh MP 9060A is supported (although it probably hasn't been tested because it's in black colour).

Feurio is a bit difficult to learn, but if you like to make mixed compilations, burn MP3s, and leave your compilations for later burning, you'll love Feurio.
    It's better made than Nero, and your compilations will be stored automatically in the "projects" folder (even the old deleted ones).
    By the way, it installs no shit (unlike Nero) so you can test it without fear.

For splitting files, go to Track Editor and press "Split tracks (linked)" in the desired positions.
    You won't have to set 0 seconds pauses anymore!
    And you won't have to search your compilations along the disk: they are all opened when you open the program.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2003