1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Starview 3, NEED HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Josin, May 1, 2008.

1. karljd

karljd Regular member

have you done the press menu 1570 set auto default key then exit to sly movies and see does it work?

2. vintymac

vintymac Member

Yes, I have tried that. And have even tried re installing the channels, all to no avail.

3. karljd

karljd Regular member

4. malci

malci Guest

Well your best bet would be to flash your box with the 601 - no reports of that not updating, the firmware you have is the first release for that box SV3 Super.

5. malci

malci Guest

Sorry karl, just came in to nosy - your correct it does seem to be a bit iffy! that one. :)

6. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i notice with other boxes when they would not update after flashing on some channels dont work i would try say 66 and box would go into update mode and be ok,failing that power off box,then on it will go into update mode.

7. vintymac

vintymac Member

Yes, guys I have tried 6.01 and it proved problematic as well. As well as mine, several others that I got for friends, have went the same way, ie not auto rolling. I'll maybe flash my box with some of the newer releases and see what happens. It is a pain having to update when they should do it themselves.

Replies much appreciated guys, thanks. But any other suggestions would be welcome as well.

8. thepale

thepale Member

9. vintymac

vintymac Member

Hi karljd,

tried what you suggested, the codes auto rolled yesterday, and hey presto it worked. So, from a very grateful Irish man I thank you very much indeed.

A big thanks to all the other responders to my query as well.

Good luck and speak to you again no doubt.

10. DesB

DesB Regular member

Your fellow Irishman Karl, is as you read this, sunning himself in some Sunny Costa in SUNNY (whats that?)Spain Lucky %*&^£"
    Send him a PM and he will see it on his return to our wet Irish Summertime LOL

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  11. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

i see you're enjoying the (summer) nice weather not a drop of rain lol.

12. conork

conork Member

I have the sv super, has anyone tried version 8.0, 6&7 didnt work for me.....Did i waste my €€€ buyin a s.v.3?

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Not having much luck are you? I see by the review you made you couldnt get a Dbox working in Ireland.......why not? Are you in a living in a cable area?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  14. conork

conork Member

Im living in a cable area alright, i had 40-50 channels with the dbox, i ended up buying a sview as they were updating the codes themselves. The sview was originally working fine, but it started rebooting itself regularly. Mine seems to be the only one its happening to, out of anotheer 6 mates of mine.

Ive read this is common of the super though, so ive pulled the dbox out of the shed and am going to flash that one, (as soon as my remote arrives from germany, cant seem to find it anywhere :) )

So i guess its a little race between the remote arriving and a new version for flashing the s.v. comes out.

15. thepale

thepale Member

Did anyone read the SONDAY T1MES, 1RELANDS biggest cable tv provider has a 1egal action against a bussinessman who is se11ing i11egal Dec0ders. Quote: The "D0DGY B0XES" which retail under names such as STARV1EW, AFTERD(Y)AWN, and EUR0V0X can be purchased easily on 1nternet sites such as €bay.

The cas€ is du€ in H1GH C0URT 2MORROW.

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

There is nothing they can do the boxes are been sold as free to air boxes and as such do not constitute being illegal to sell it is the person who purchase them and put the software on to view the channels that are contravening the cc terms and conditions not the supplier as the software that comes loaded is only free to air why do you think people have to load the software themselves so it will be thrown out of court unless these companies where sending the boxes with the firmware loaded if they where it serves them right

17. conork

conork Member

That was the impression i was under, however i'll be very interested to see the outcome of it.

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

If the out come is for the cc it will be all over both the news and the papers if they get nowhere you wont here nothing as they wont allow it to be seen as thought they have lost the battle LOL