1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem using guide: convert AVI to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by macey, Feb 10, 2005.

1. macey

macey Guest

Hello to all.
    i am following the guide "convert a DivX or Xvid AVI to DVD" I am having troubles in TMPGEne in wizard. i was tring to "select source file" once found my file and click "ok" a pop up displays

TMPGEnc - File "C:\Documents and Settings\Damien_Leah\my documents\nero temp\the O.Cs02e01-The Distant.avi" can not open,or unsupported

the specs in avicodec are
    File: 349 MB (349 MB), duration: 0:43:08, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 51 %

Video : 309 MB, 1003 Kbps, 23.976 fps, 624*352 (16:9), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Supported

Audio : 39 MB, 128 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

any help is greatly appreciated with this. yhanking you in advance. Macey.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

check out your problem with this thread:http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/40101
    good luck
    jD

3. Honkuk

Honkuk Member

hi why not try dvd santa to encode to dvd see how you go

honk

4. macey

macey Guest

jim,
    thank you so much for your help, i went to the link you provided.im sure it is a codec prob so i dloaded Gspot and tested the avi. a result of

"video: Gspot was unable to find a suitable codec installed, indicating that this media file not likly playable on this O/S at this time. to be able to play this media file, attempt to locate a suitable codec based on the format and 4CC given above. install the codec and then test again with gspot after the codec has been installed"

dont get me wrong i do understand what that
    means but i am very new to these codec's and i dont know where id find the one i need.. the specs are

Video:
    4cc-xvid
    Name-XviD
    Stat-codec not installed

Audio:
    Name-0x0055(MP3)ID'd as MPED-1 Lay
    Stat- 2 compatable codecs installed

thanks for your time with this. - macey.

5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Try this:http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/xvid_koepi_unstable.cfm

If this doesnt solve your problem, you could search google for video codec

good luck
    jD

6. macey

macey Guest

hi again,
    i found the 4cc stated xvid and so i did a search for it under codec & filters. not knowing theyre are 2 seperate progs xvid and vidx i got migxed up with the names being so similar and down loaded vidx "HA" i laugh about it now but at the time i felt like a nit! (as it did not support it, dah!) i removed it and downloaded xvid koepi and wallah! im analysing WOO HOO!

thanking you for your help jD!
    afterdawn.com is officially my computer god :)

7. macey

macey Guest

Hi again,
    im in more troubles:)
    this time in ifo edit of the guide when asked in ifo edit under dvd author to submit your video and audio content into the box then into the destination box once clicked ok a pop up states

IFOEDIT: unable to open file for reading C:\Documents and Settings\Damien_Leah\my documents\avi-dvd\(1)_VTS_01_1.80.AC3

once i hit ok it pops up windows has encountered a problem and has to close this file.. sorry for any inconvenience. hit ok to that and its gone.
    help is greatly appreaciated:)

.........any takers???