1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Problem Using medieval cue splitter with APE files

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Reddwarf4ever, Apr 7, 2019.

  1. Reddwarf4ever

    Reddwarf4ever Newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2019
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Hi
    I have used medieval cue splitter many times without issue, but now I have some APE files, the Cue file looks ok, but when I add it I get the error can’t find MACdll.dll file in xxx path, have installed latest MAC and the file exist in windows system32 folder, so not sure what else I should do.

    Any help would be appreciated....

    Thanks
     
  2. keenids

    keenids Newbie

    Joined:
    Wednesday
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    This is a very late reply, but since I have been looking for a solution for this and have not found it online, I write this for people who end up here trying to fix this.
    Medieval Cue Splitter recommends installing Monkey Audio, but this is a very aggressive program, and for me it did not work too. But i found out a workaround by trial and error.

    1. Convert the .ape file (without the .cue file) to a .wav file with VSDC Free Audio converter.
    2. Now you can convert the .wav file to a .flac file with Any Audio Converter (also free)
    Both converters can be found e.g. on filehippo.com

    3. Now that you have a .flac file, load this .flac file and the original .cue file (that came with the .ape file) into Medieval Cue Splitter. You will get no error message, and MCS will chop up the ,flac file as usual...

    It's not ideal, but better than nothing. Hope it will work for you too.
     

Share This Page