1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem viewing dvdr+

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GBoy, Nov 17, 2004.

1. GBoy

GBoy Member

I have a dvd movie which was ripped using smart ripper, when I cut the movie to a verbatim dvd r+ using nero it does not want to play on my pc and dvd player. I cut the dvd at 6x using a new gigabyte 16x dvd writer. However when I use a verbatim dvd rw+ I dont have a problem playing it back on the pc and dvd player. The verbatim dvd rw +was cut at 2.4x. Any advice on why the dvd r+ does not want to play would be appreciated.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Gboy

One of two reasons IMHO,

A)compatibility issues, it plays +RW but not +R, or

B)the burn is too fast, have you tried burning the +R disc at 4x or even 2.4x?

Altho 6x isn't too bad, I and most of this forum never burn over 4x for DVD's and 1x for games. The fact is the faster the burn, the more chance for errors. It sounds to me like this may be the problem.

I personally don't think it's worth the 10 or 15 minutes you save with a faster burn when a slow burn eliminates burn speed as a possibility for errors if something goes wrong and insures the disc will last a lifetime with a proper burn, (if the DVD is properly backed up with whatever software was used, of course,LOL)

I would try burning at a slower speed like 2.4x and see what happens since the +RW worked at that speed :>)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  3. GBoy

GBoy Member

Thanks for the advice, it worked perfectly after reducing the speed, I also tried a dvd-r and it also worked great, thanks again and have a great day.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Your quite welcome :>)