1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem w/ DvdLab

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by kbearmone, Mar 9, 2005.

1. kbearmone

kbearmone Member

I'm trying to use dvdlab. It's very easy until I start to compile my dvd. A quick guide told me to make 2 files to put the movie. So, I did and it then tells me that I'm out of memory, but I'm not. Should I put my temp file and output file somewhere elseMy file wasn't even 2.5GB. Then I put about half a movie up there @ 1.03GB and the same thing, out of memory. The first time it said, something like, 2.1 GB availible and 2.7 needed. Then it said the second time 1.3GB need, 1.0GB availible. What's going on? Can somebody tell me what to do. ?

2. DSYF3R

DSYF3R Regular member

How much hard drive space have you got? are you compiling on a small partition? the graphs on the compile window of DVDlab should show you how much space you have, and need.

What version of DVDlab are you using? they have had several updates, and fixes.

3. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

To use DVDLab, you need at the MINIMUM a 5 gig temp, and a 5 gig compile folders.
    They must be on an NTFS drive.
    You can get away with 8 gig of free space on a FAT32 drive, but it's a pain, and you're wasting empty space on the burned disk.
    You should also close any unused windows in the top right pane (working window).

4. kbearmone

kbearmone Member

Okay, I'm replying to both of you. I got 13.601 GB of free space on the hard drive. I'm compiling 1.10 GB, the graph shows that I have plenty of space, over half. This is an unregister version 1.3 from limewire. I have no idea what a NTFS drive is or FAT32. I don't care about wasting space on my burned disk, as long as the episode plays. (It's a tv show I'm trying to do)

When I go to compile, the output folder (root) says Free Space 13.601 GB. That's going on my C:/ But the pie graph shows a little red, saying space needed, along w/ the green and gray.

W/ the temp folder unchecked, the graph shows, green (free) and gray, and under it, it says Full D1.

W/ the temp folder checked, the graph shows, green and a little red, saying space needed. Temp on C:/ too

The required section shows,
    Estimated DVD size 1.03GB (4.7GB dvd space = 1.10GB)
    Temp Space 1.00GB
    Total Space Required (C:/) 2.03GB

What do I need to do, and what is NTFS and FAT32?

5. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

That's an old version, and probably hacked badly. No wonder you're having trouble.
    Get the official version of DLPro from www.mediachance.com
    Are you running Win98/SE or 2k/XP?

Why are you compiling a 1.1gig movie onto a 4.7 gig disk? What a waste.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  6. kbearmone

kbearmone Member

I'm running XP, I don't care about the waste. I've tried mediachance.com before, but I'll do it again. Besides, the download version, does it sounds like I'm doing something wrong. And what is NTFS and FAT32?

7. kbearmone

kbearmone Member

Maybe I should tell u what I'm trying to do. I have a series collection of a tv show. Some come 2 eps to a dvd w/ 1 menu, and then I have some w/ 1 eps. a dvd w/ a menu. I'm trying to have a complete set both ways. So, I'm trying to take a dvd w/ 2 eps and 1 menu and create 2 dvds w/ 1 eps. and 1 menu each. Also, the other way around, by taking 2 seperate dvds w/ one eps and combining them to create 1 dvd w/ 2 eps and 1 menu. I hope you follow me. Now I've posted about 3 threads at different places, all giving me info that's no good or telling me stuff I didn't even ask. I've tried NVE - w/ no luck, dvd shrink re-author makes the menu void, TMPGE, no good, DvdReMake was doing good, but demo can't export - so no good, PGCEdit - no luck. So this is the only thing that I know is left and it's not working, yet.

8. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

I would like to see screenshots of your assets window, and the connections tab.
    If the version you do have is working properly, then there's got to be an error in either the way you're setting it up in dvdlab, the files you're using in dvdlab, or the space on your hard drive.
    Have you got Norton Utilities on there?

9. ts_t

ts_t Member

I am not familiar with DVDLab, but just happened to browsing information about it. Looks like you have enough disk space for the job. I am wondering if the system was complaining about your available memory, not the disk. How much memory do you have on your system? Do CTRL-ALT-Delete to go into Task Manager, click the Processes tab and you can see your memory useage. Hope this helps. Good luck!

10. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

DLP doesn't care much about free memory, unless you have 36 menu's all open in the working window.
    What it does complain about, is no free temp space.
    If the drive is not NTFS, this can cause problems.
    If you have Norton protected recycyle bin, your system will show lots of free space, but it's not really there, until you empty the Norton bin.
    Not saying this is the case, but it is one idea.
    FAT32 is the old Win9x type of filesystem, and has a limit of 4 gig filesize. On large compiles, this makes DLP crap out. You need to have NTFS to avoid problems.
    In the project properties, find an empty folder and use that for your temp, then a different empty folder to compile into.
    This may all be useless information, if your assets are not all the same aspect, or have different audio.