1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem w/ dvdxcopy platinum splitting

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by raskol, Oct 3, 2004.

1. raskol

raskol Member

I am kind of a purist in backing up my movies and don't like compressing the movie ( I can tell the difference). But, when I am backing up my movies that have only 1 titleset splitting does not work. After the first disk is burned the program asks for the original dvd. It reads it for ten seconds then asks for a blank dvd. It spits the blank ( no longer a workable blank dvd) out immediately and does not copy the movie. This only seems to happen when there is only one titleset. Any help is much appreciated.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I've used alot of different backup programs, watch my backups on a 27", 32" & 65" tv and I can't tell the difference.

What other programs have you tried? What media are you using? And, is the your tv a HD tv?

Also, for XCopy question .. you should post in aD's XCopy forum: http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com

3. Frankwm

Frankwm Member

I am of the same opinion about compressing a movie to fit a single DVD and also split a long movie to fit 2 disks.

Thus far I have found that CloneDVD2 does an excellent job of splitting long movies. You don't need to split by titleset. You can split by chapter. Of course, if your movie doesn't have chapters, it won't split.
    It also gives you the option of removing annoying cr*p like the FBI warning, 2nd languages & subtitles, etc, if you have AnyDVD (see below) running.

You can download a trial copy of the program at http://www.slysoft.com/ .

Most copy programs won't burn copy protected DVD's, so you might want to download AnyDVD from them too.
    This little TSR runs transparently in the background & strips ALL copy protection from DVD's & CD's.

Major upside, both programs are really cheap.

Good luck.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2004