1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem when playing a backup of gun valkyrie

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by satesh, May 6, 2003.

1. satesh

satesh Member

sometimes i hear loud clicking or knocking coming from the harddrive side of the xbox while playing gun v. then the game will freeze. so i turn of the power and turn it back on. the knocking is still there but the game wont load. instead i get "your xbox needs service" so i take the game out and boot it empty and the knocking stops. then i put the game back and its fine untill the next time it happens... any help guys?? thx!

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

sounds like the knocking is your xbox's dvd drive might be having a hard time reading hte disc.. have you tried a different copy of it or made a new xbox image file and reburnt the game to a dvd-rw/+rw disc to test it?

let me know
    peace
    seamonkey420

3. satesh

satesh Member

4. satesh

satesh Member

no not yet. do you think i should adjust the laser? p.s. its a rytek dvd-r thx

5. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

i'd stay away from tweaking the laser unless you have too..

someone i was helping told me that they with newer games you need to use a newer bios on your mod chip (the newest evox) and that solves many problems with new game bakcups not working...something to think about..

does this happpen on every game or just that game?

peace
    seamonkey420