1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem: when you make a VCD, audio goes out-of-sync

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by aldaco12, Sep 22, 2004.

1. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

This is my problem:
    I usued VirtualDub to add a subtitle to a movie, but the audio goes out-of-sync with the video when the movie goes on playing (e.g. it's OK in-sync at the beginning of the movie, goes out-of-sync +0.5 sec after 1h of movie and +1 sec after 2hrs). Please note that this is the first time that happens to me with a video (I always use DivX multipass to compress the video and it never happened to me before) AND I listened to the original movie which was OK.
    What have I done, probably?
    What can I do to correct the movie AND to avoid to do the same thing again?

Thanks.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Well, since no ansers have arrived so far (I have a good time zone with respect the U.S.) I'm tying to repeat it all from the basic 'correct' movie, maybe it has been a casual occurrence.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I found the reason!
    When you open the .AVI movie with Virtualdub, the following error message appears: [bold]"Virtualdub has detected an improper VBR encoding in the source .AVI and will rewrite the it with a standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. This may introduce up to 2.918 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unaccepptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to un uncompresse WAV file and recompress it with the video with a CBR encoder (bitrate: 106.7 + - 11.9 kbps)" [/bold]
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member