1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Anydvd/Clonedvd

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by pstamer, Feb 22, 2007.

1. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Hello all. I'm having a problem. I use the latest versions of anydvd and clonedvd. My burner is an external LG gsa-2166d super multi. My blank media is Taiyo Yuden 8x premium silver that I buy from supermedia store. When I start the process, it transcodes and rips just fine. The problem begins with the burning process. I keep getting this error that says "media write error" after I hear that so ever disillusioning "oh no" sound effect from clonedvd 2. Sometimes if I eject the blank dvd and reinsert it maybe 3 or 4 times it will work. With some movies it won't work at all. I have the latest firmware 1.01 installed for my burner. Someone please help me. So far it's happend with The Departed, Dave Chappelle season 1, and a couple of others that I don't recall. Any help would be appriciated. Thanx in advance.

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

this is odd,cause i just got a new liteon LH-18A1P and it does the same thing with TY media 8x+r... when useing anydvd and clonedvd 2..makes me think there might be something in those programs thatis causeing this....i sent my dirve back to get a new one, but im not sure now if it was the drive causeing the problem...

are you able to burn other media??? can you burn with any other burn program? burn TY's that is? i am... sure wish could help you but as you see im haveing the smae problem.

3. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Hello. Thanx for the rapid response. I've also tried anydvd with shrink, ripit4me and imgburn. Still have problems. do you think it could be some bad discs maybe?

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

it could be bad disc but i doubt it. both of us haven the same problem makes me think not...but i can use imageburn and i can burn onto the TY media... but that is the onlyway i can do it...have you tried nero expres to write to the TY's? i was able to write one disc with nero express

5. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Yeah, I've also tried nero vision express and got no results. Like I said, it doesn't always do it. That's really tripped out. Let me know if you find anything out. Thanx

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

is it a new stack of disc you are working on? is so go down to the bottom of the stack and get a disc from there and try...or even from the middle of the stack. a great guru here(docTY) has told me sometime you might get bad disc in the stack to try further down in the stackand get a disc from the middle or bottom and try..

hope this helps you out some, likei said im haven the same type problem...makes me wonder if it now doesnt have something to do with the software??? or the firmware..???? i dont know just shooting in the dark here..

7. pstamer

pstamer Guest

I actually tried that. It works sometimes, but not all the time. I actually got one from the bottom of the stack. I bought a 100pk. Do you think that I should stick to just buying 50pks? I hope there isn't a problem with my burner. I feel I've tried everything possible. It's driving me loco.

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i know where your comeing from it killing me wasting these good disc and cant figure out the problem.... other than the firmware not working like it should and the drive just isnt reading the type of media like it should is the only thing i cna think of..

9. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Are you getting the "media writed error" also? I've had nightmares about that "ooooh nooo" sound from clonedvd 2.

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yup thats what om getting also.. turn your speakers down/off when trying so you dont hear it...lol

11. pstamer

pstamer Guest

lol. I make it a habit of always having my speakers off. No more sound effects. Where do you buy your media from? Is it a trustworthy place?

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i just bought 50 8x+rhubprintable TY's from meritline.com.

but ive been getting the sony8x+r (mij) that code out as ty's. can get them anywhere that sells disc just have to look hard for them

13. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Thanx for the tip. I think I'll try that. I'm going to try some different media to eliminate that possibility. aarrrggghhhh

14. DVDultra

DVDultra Guest

Its the media your using.Happened to me before.Lite on is very touch'y with Clonedvd2.I have dual lite on drives and the only media that will work is Sony DVD+R (only touch'y with CloneDVD2).Tried about 5 other brands,No good.

The bad thang is i wasted about 30 discs untill i fig. it out.BUMMER

15. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Thanx for the info. I tried sony dvd-r. Would those work for you? I tried them and my burner kept saying to insert a blank dvd. My burner won't even acknowledge that it even has a sony disc in it. What else do you think I could do?

16. DVDultra

DVDultra Guest

Yea,The DVD-R aint a good choice,the only way i can burn them is DVDcloner3,DVD+R are much better,The only media that works with both my lite-on drives with CloneDVD2 are the sony DVD+R disc.

Do you have any other burning engines besides CloneDVD2&IMGburn?Have you tried Nero?

17. ireland

ireland Active member

cincyrob
    A friend of mine got a new liteon LH-18A1P and was having the same problen as ye with clonedvd and anydvd,to find out if it was the drive or media..

i lent him my liteon 1673 usb external burner..
    the problem was history..meaning he was able to rip and burn with out a problem..

now i have a problem he want to keep me drive..as he does know i have a couple more of those drives..

i guess i have to shoot him to get it back..just kidding..

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  18. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Hello DVDultra. Yes I do have nero and I have the same problem. Do you think that I might have spyware or something? I'm just running out of ideas. I also have dvdfab platinum and have the same problem. It says "please insert writable media". I'm getting really desperate. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

19. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Hello all. I've tried literally everything in the book. Do you guys think it's my burner? I've backed up 300+ dvds. Do you think my burner has run its course? Does anybody know what the typical life span of a dvd burner is? You think I should go with an internal next time? Thanx in advance.