1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with ASUS CD RW

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Prasanta, May 19, 2002.

1. Prasanta

Prasanta Member

I have recently assembled an AMD system with Gigabyte GA-7ZMMH MB, Athlon XP 1700+, 40GB HDD, 1.44 FDD and an ASUS 24X CDRW. Though I am able to boot from my floppy and my HDD, when I put a CD in my CD R/W, it is giving "Device Not Ready" error.

My HDD is in IDE 1 as Master and I have tried hooking the CD RW in IDE 2 as Pri and also in IDE1 as Slave but both gives me the same result.

The Bios is set up properly. When the system Boots up, BIOS detects the CD RW correctly (as ASUS CRW 2410). My Win XP detectes it poperly as CD RW from ASUS and reports no problem with the driver. When I put a CD in it, the system tries to read it for long (READ LED flickering) and then says that "Device Not ready". I have tried with both Win XP's internal CD writing process and also with the supplied Nero 5.5, none of these can detect any CD in the drive.

Can you please help.

Regards,
    Prasanta.

2. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

sorry to say it sounds like a hardware problem maybe with the cd-r drive. I would return it or even try replacing with a different cd-r drive.