1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with AV Component Switch

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kmcmullin, Jun 5, 2007.

1. kmcmullin

kmcmullin Member

I have a Psyclone AV Component switch. I have a dvd player, my cable box, Xbox 360 and Xbox hooked up to it, all with component cables. For some reason, when watching a DVD or somthing through the cable box, if the screen goes white or most of the screen is white, the picture jumps around until most of the screen isn't white anymore. (Sorry if this sounds confusing). Has anyone experienced this before? I only have one component input on my TV and if I plug either the cable box or the DVD player directly into the TV, bypassing the Psyclone switch, I don't have any problems so I do not think that it is the TV. I have tried 2 different Psyclone switches and have had problems with both. Has anyone had this problem before and does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks for your help!

2. salinger

salinger Regular member

Try unplugging the Xbox 360; It is HD and may interfere with the old AV signals...even better, play the Dvd on the xBox 360.

3. kmcmullin

kmcmullin Member

Thanks for the idea. Everything is setup using component hookups. Is this what you meant by old AV? I'm not really sure. The other thing is that my DVD player/receiver only has the 5.1 when using it to play movies. I would not get that surround sound when using the xbox unfortunately. Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

4. salinger

salinger Regular member

Dont worry about surround sound...it you want REAL surround sound, get a Home Theater and it should do it for you!