1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Avi2Dvd...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Cloud007, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Cloud007

Cloud007 Member

Hi, I have recently started using the freeware Avi2Dvd for all my avi to dvd conversions. Two days ago I was able to convert star wars from avi to dvd with no problems using this software. However, my last 3 tries have gotten to the very end and I get this windows message, "jpeg2yuv.exe" has stopped working. I have tried to search for this file on my hard drive, but it doesnt come up. I am pretty new at this so I have no idea what this even is. The reason i like Avi2Dvd is that I am able to create my own menu. I have windows vista OS with more than 300gb of HD. For encoders, I have tried all 4 including QuEnc, FreeEnc, NuEnc, and HCEnc. It works fine until the very last minute of the conversion process everytime. Oh also, I always check the "make ISO" box. This is what appears in my log window:

[9:16:33 PM] AVI2DVD Started !
    [9:16:35 PM] Type mode : Avi Input
    [9:16:35 PM] Output : Dvd
    [9:16:35 PM] Encoder Selected : FreeEnc
    [9:16:35 PM] Start demuxing the AudioStream No.1 ...
    [9:16:58 PM] Demuxing of the selected audio finished successfully ! [C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\Movie\Avi2dvd_temp\Extracted_Audio.mp3 88016256 Bytes]
    [9:16:58 PM] Starts Audio correction ...
    [9:17:14 PM] Audio Fixed successfully ! [C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\Movie\Avi2dvd_temp\Fixed_Audio01.mp3 88016256 Bytes]
    [9:17:14 PM] Starts Mp3->Ac3 convertion ...
    [9:22:08 PM] Audio converted in Ac3 successfully ! [C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\Movie\Avi2dvd_temp\AudioStream 1 MP3 2CH.ac3 352063488 Bytes]
    [9:22:08 PM] Start creating avisynth script ...
    [9:22:08 PM] Avisynth script created successfully ! [C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\Movie\Avi2dvd_temp\Avisynth_Script_File.avs 203 Bytes]
    [9:22:09 PM] Bitrate used : 4881 Kbpps
    [9:22:09 PM] Start video encoding ...
    [10:47:46 PM] Video encoded successfully ! [C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\Movie\Avi2dvd_temp\Encoded_Video.m2v 1250212888 Bytes]
    [10:47:46 PM] Muxing Video+Audio(s) ...
    [10:47:47 PM] M2v muxed successfully ! [C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\Movie\Avi2dvd_temp\Encoded_Video_Muxed.mpg 4596717568 Bytes]
    [10:47:47 PM] Zero subtitles found
    [10:47:47 PM] Author script generation ...
    [10:47:47 PM] Author script generated successfully !
    [10:47:47 PM] Start authoring ...
    [11:06:25 PM] Dvd authored successfully ! [ C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\Movie\Avi2dvd_temp\DVD ]
    [11:06:25 PM] Generating iso ...
    [11:06:26 PM] Iso generated successfully ! This is the file that you must burn --> [C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\Movie\Avi2dvd_temp\DVD_Image.iso 0 Bytes]
    [11:06:26 PM] Job NOT Done. There are warnings ... Find at the log file the 0 byte generated file to focus where exactly the problem appears
    [11:06:26 PM] All Jobs Done !!!

Another thing to note is that I cannot recall making any other installations to pc that may have affected this. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

One thing I have noticed, is that Avi2Dvd is a very picky program. I would do some movies nicely, and others, it wouldn't even open them. I would suggest using dvd flick (freeware) or ConvertXtoDVD (payware) to convert your avi's to dvd compatable.

3. Cloud007

Cloud007 Member

Thanks for the response. Well, I tried DVD flick first because I read somewhere on here that you could create your own menu. However, this wasn't the case at all. There was about 6 pre-made templates to choose from, which is not what I am looking for. Basically, all I am looking for is freeware that can convert AVI to DVD, and allow me to post an image from my computer to use as the Main Menu. Do you know of any of those? Or if someone else knows how to resolve my Avi2DVD that would be just as good :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  4. attar

attar Senior member

FAVC

5. Cloud007

Cloud007 Member

Hey thanks for the reply. I tried FAVC and everything seemed to run through smoothly. However, I went to locate the files and came across 2 folders "working folder 0" and "dvd 0" dvd 0 had an Audio_TS and Video_TS folder, but no files in either of them! The working folder 0 had the mpeg file, along with batchMux,Menu and title files. I dont understand what the problem is. The process seemed to have finished, but yet i have a bunch of files in working folder but none in the video and audio ts folders. Do you know what the problem is? Thanks.

6. Cloud007

Cloud007 Member

So i am trying it again, this time I decided to use the QuEnc encoder, and it has pretty much done the same thing. The video encoding process finishes, then the command prompt window has been saying "Writing WAV file..." for the past 2 hours now. It doesnt appear that anything is going on as of right now. This time a dvd 1 folder is created, but once again the Video_TS and Audio_TS folders are completely empty. Anyone else had this problem or know what could be causing this? Thanks.

7. attar

attar Senior member

The VIDEO_TS folder is empty until Muxman (you would see the screen popup).

From your last post it sounds that there is a problem with the audio.

Are you always converting the same file?

Can you test it with another source to make sure that the particular source file is not the problem.

Try DVD Flick on a short avi file

8. Cloud007

Cloud007 Member

Tried FAVC with a different file and it worked. For some reason it works with Star Wars Episode 4 and 6, but 5 wont work. Kinda odd since they all came from the same torrent.