1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with backing up my games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by scouser29, Jan 11, 2007.

1. scouser29

scouser29 Guest

ok so i have the samsung sh-d162c and flashed with kreon firmware v0.81. but when i try to extract the the image i get an error code after 3 percent saying it can't extrast the ss.bin file return code 2 the semaphore time out period has expired does anyone know what i'm doing wrong our whether there is a problem with my drive. appreciate any help. cheers in advance

2. tony909

tony909 Member

if your trying to back up your xbox or 360 games you need to use Xbox backup creator , download it from the usual places, it works great. Install it and insert the game in your samsung drive(with kreon firmware) and click read. This copies the entire game including the ss sector into your harddrive, then burn it into a dldvd with clone cd , its an east way to backup your xbox//360 games.

3. scouser29

scouser29 Guest

right i've tried schtrom and xbox 360 backup creator and still getting no joy feel like throwing the thing out the window but it cost to much and i'd only have to go and spend another £1000 on a new machine. so heres what im doing drives flashed schtrom v3.1 installed and putting my original 360 game in drive recognises it as a 360 game so flash is fine . then try to extract to my pcs hard drive but all the time getting the same message as before. can anybody think what could be wrong i do have my 2 dvd drives on the same ide cable. so im going to take a ide cable home tonight and try putting them on different cables. don't think it's gonna make a blind bit of a difference but i'll try anything at the moment.

4. steimy

steimy Active member