1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with backup fmvs skipping

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by andronicu, Sep 11, 2004.

1. andronicu

andronicu Member

Alrighty, so I've got a lot of my games backed up and like 95% of them work fine. I can pop any of them into the xbox and copy the contents of the backup disc to the hd and they'll play flawlessly. Here is the problem with the other 5%. Some games (Shadow-Ops, Riddick, one other that I can't think of at the moment) when I play the backup in the xbox from the disc, not the hd, during fmv sequences the video will pause and then play, pause, pause pause. Frustrating...but they all get through it. This only happens on those few games. Tried reburning the game, tried different media, tried rebuilding the isos, tried using a different speed, always the same pauses in the same places. In Riddick it is just the audio that will skip like a broken record for a second and then continue out of sync with the cutscene. In Shadow-Ops the opening fmvs (the atari logo, the thx video, and the game developers' video) all pause and continue many times, but the fmvs between missions in campaign mode and the fmv that plays if you leave the game sitting at the press start screen too long play just fine. Anybody know what this might be? Oh, and playing the game from the original discs does not produce the problems that I have with the backups. I've made sure I don't have IGR turned on and I've even tried clearing out the cached files in the x, y, and z drives, but no fix.

2. nastynath

nastynath Guest

I have back up to Disc Riddick and Shadow ops- They work gr8! :D
    The only game that has bever backed up for me is Pirates of the Carribean (spelling?) The original worked but the copy did not? Not aure of your provedure on backing up but as long as you do it right what the???

With all my games I make sure I hire from the video shop good un-scratched games otherwise I won't use them and try find a copy that is un-sratched.
    I have burnt prob 200 games with a 99% success rate.
    What are you using for the image creation???

3. andronicu

andronicu Member

Flash FXP to copy the game contents to pc.
    Qwix to patch the .xbe's.
    GDFImage to make the .iso.
    RecordNow to burn the image.

4. nastynath

nastynath Guest

ok, I use:

FlashFXP V3.0 (with this version you can create ur own XBOX connection).

Then, XISO to create image

and then either-
    Nero to burn image to disc or Record Now.

Why Quix to patch the .XBE files???????
    I have never had to!