1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with backup games!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by soccerkid, Dec 5, 2003.

1. soccerkid

soccerkid Member

So were do I start. A month ago everything was going great. everything was working perfectly. But now nothing is working right. I have an xbox v1.1 with a matrix modchip installed, Im using the xecuter 4977 bios, evox dashboard installed off of the slayers 2.1 disc, i have the phillips dvd drive, and a stock HD. The backups Ive made of some games say that there is NO DISK when i put them in the xbox. I FTP to my xbox and transfer them straight from the disc. then when its on my PC i patch the game using zbx tool 1.3. then i make the ISO using simple xiso v03.
    then i burn them in nero v6.0, i go to recorder->burn image and then select the iso and burn them onto TDK 2x DVD-R. I tried to backup my project gotham racing 2 game that way and i also made the ISO with creation 3.1 and it auto patched the game. then I tried to use record now max v4.1 but i got an error message a bunch of times before it started writing, and during writing a couple of times. i tried it one more time with the ISO i made with creations, I burned it with the same brand of dvd-r's, but this timei used nero and went to dvd udf/iso mode and then burned it to disc, when i put it in the xbox it says either unknown or no disc. I have all the IGR turned off. the only thing i can think of is the discs are bad. Ive made other game that work alright on the same dvd-r's and using the first method. I can't get crimson skies and some multi game discs that used to work, but don't work anymore. I also heard of the dvd rom lazer getting offset, but if adjusting that can be avoided thats great. If anybody knows what i am doing wrong or if any thing is wrong with my xbox. all the help is very much appreciated. Thank you!

2. Scot

Scot Regular member

Bad media, I have the same setup, but I use M7 bios. Try Verbatim DVD+r or Imation DVD+R. Also Imation 700MB cd-r work nice in the philips too. FYI Philips cant read DVD+RW/-RW dvd's, as least mine cant and about 4 of my friends that all have phipplip drives. But the DVD+R work very nice.

3. soccerkid

soccerkid Member

do you know of any -R media, because i have a pioneer DVR-103 that only burns -R. or does it use +R also?

4. Scot

Scot Regular member

Phillips drive:

Working CD media:

Memorex CD-RW
    Imation CD-RW
    Imation CD-R (700 MB)
    TDK CD-RW (I can confirm this works, even burned at 4x and worked with Slayer’s)

Working DVD Media (Phillips drives don't like DVD+RW, it seems):

TDK DVD-R
    Princo DVD-R
    Imation DVD+R
    Verbatim DVD+R
    FujiFilm DVD+R