1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with .BIN/.CUE -> SVCD format.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by tkx, Jun 23, 2003.

1. tkx

tkx Guest

Someone posted the following statement a while ago... I don't see that the issue was resolved. I am having the exact same problem, where fireburner or blindwrite will not write the CDs properly for my DVD player (which is SVCD compatible) to work. The odd thing is that I have done this before successfully, however I cannot get it to work at all anymore. Does anyone have insite on how to burn the .bin/.cue files so that it will read in an SVCD player? Are there specific options in fireburner which I need to enable/disable?

Thanks

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

have u tried burning with Alcohol 120% ??

3. tkx

tkx Guest

Yes sir! :).

I can see the files in the CDs that I burn, however it is not recognized as a SVCD. I can burn with NERO from the mpegs for now tho... seems like no-one knows what is goin on :).

4. Dela

Ye it is strange but dont think you are the only one to see it, trust me if you looked around you could pick out a helluva lot of stuff related! Are you completely sure your dvd player is svcd compatible?? have u tried svcd b4??

5. tkx

tkx Guest

I am not the only one who saw it... I posted the quote from another unclosed topic in my original post. Yes I have tried SVCD, and yes it does work. I can burn the movies in Nero like I said, and it works fine in SVCD format.

Problem is, long time ago I used to burn .bin/.cue directly to CD and it worked..

6. Dela

Ye i understand, finding it hard to understand what is going on, just for the record what speed did you burn it at?

7. tkx

tkx Guest

Disc-at-once 96, Close CD, Autocorrect sub-channel, Autocorrect EDC/ECC, Enable BURN Proof, Burn Speed 16x

(Fireburner options)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2003