1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with CD & DVD drives...any help?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by power_p3, May 4, 2004.

1. power_p3

power_p3 Member

Hi,

I'm having like this major problem with my DVD-ROM and CD-RW drives. Everytime I put a disc in either drives my machine freezes and I can't do anything with it atall. I have to hold down the power button till it switches off.

I get this when I am both reading and writing discs. I use both Nero and Roxio, both version 6, I thought it miught be a conflict between them but ti's not cause I uninstalled Roxio restarted and it still does it.

These are the drives I have, unfortunatly it's a factory PC so I know little about the cd drives...

HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE 8400B, I belive this is manufactured by HLDS?!:shrug:
    HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8161B

Any help would be much appreciated.

BB ~~jo~~

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Roxio loves to screw up Nero. I'd suggest downloading RegCleaner to remove everything to with Roxio from your registry and then use Windows search function to find and delete any other Roxio files remaining on your system. Once you do this then reinstall Nero and go from there :)

Here's a link for RegClean:

http://www.docsdownloads.com/regclean.htm

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

FYI:
    These drive are made by LG :)

4. power_p3

power_p3 Member

thank you for your help. I already have RegClean, never thought of that...and now that I know who the Manufacterer is I can search properly that's prob why I didn't get any proper results for new dirvers.

I forgot to mention before I had to completly recover my system back to factor settings and since then they haven't been working...it's a compaq presario 8 something or other ?!

Thanks again

5. power_p3

power_p3 Member

Thank you so much for your help, cause I was able to search under the proper manufacturers anme I managed to get some drivers. Hope it will solve my problems.

And as I said before thank you so much for your help again :)