1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with converting xvid to vcd

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Yenal, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Yenal

Yenal Member

Hi to eveyone.

I am a new subscriber from Turkey. I have been reading the questions and comments of this forum for a week and I believe that I mostly solved my problem but I still need help.

I am trying to convert the xvid of Bruce Almighty to MPG format to watch it on my DVD player.

First of all there was a problem with Virtual Dub. "Improper VBR audio..." With the help of the comments of this forum I saved the audio file as uncompressed and than tried to convert it at TMPGenc. I am also trying to put a subtitle on the movie in order to watch it with my family.

However I had different problems:

*When I tried to put subtitle from vdub (video filters) TMPGenc it could not recoginize the relevant .vdr file and says it could not be opened or supported

*I also tried to put subtitle with the help of submux. Although I could watch the movie with the subtitle in .AVI format TMPGenc could not see the subtitle during encoding.

I really would be appreciated if anyone could help me..

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

3. Yenal

Yenal Member

Dear powerdup,

First of all thank you very much for the document that you advised. However I have a new problem now...

When I try to make the adjustments at TMPGenc Kernel32.dll causes a problem and shuts the TMPGenc down.

Does anyone know the reason and the soultion?

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member