1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with DVD 43 Free

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jrsyjoe4, Apr 12, 2005.

1. jrsyjoe4

jrsyjoe4 Member

I have the newest version of DVD 43 Free installed on my computer. I am also running Nero Recode 2. When I am doing the initial scan of the DVD the analysis appears in all read and won't compress the file to a standard DVD. Any ideas on how to fix this problem. I had DVD 43 Free version 2.0.0.14 and it worked just fine. Last week my Hard Drive went so I lost my backed up version of the software. Can any one help resolve my problem?

2. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

You can download the most current from here it's v3.5.2

3. jrsyjoe4

jrsyjoe4 Member

That was the version that messed everything up. When Recode analizes the disk I everything is compressible except for the main movie.

4. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

Dvd43 runs in the backround to by-pass the dvd encryption. That's all it does. It's similar to Anydvd. It won't affect if the movie gets compressed or not

5. jrsyjoe4

jrsyjoe4 Member

Any reason then why the movie won't compress to fit on a standard blank DVD. It compressed all the features except for the main movie which comes up as a 7 gig file. I have been using DVD43 since may of last year. Once I lost my computer the only program that I didn't have the same version was DVD43. So I just assumed this was the problem. I am only using 2 programs: DVD43 to unlock the disk and Nero Recode2 to Rip and Burn.

6. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

I don't know why Recode won't compress the main movie, try DVD Shrink and let me know