1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by raceman17, Aug 27, 2004.

1. raceman17

raceman17 Member

Hello, I am getting an message after i do the ISO read. IT deals with the region settings and says it will use the Brute force method if somethig is not chosen. Then it tells me to go to another site for the firmware. WHen I click ok, it burns the dvd but I cant play it. I am getting no errors during the process. I followed the guide that is on the site to a T. I installed a program to check the ASPI layer and everything checked out ok. What could be the problem. Like i said Iso read and then Iso write and everything work but it still pops up that message about the firmware.
    Thanks
    Aaron

2. raceman17

raceman17 Member

I forgot to mention that i used dvd x copy xpress and everything worked out perfectly but i wanted to use the DVD devrypter and it still wont play. I am using memorex dvd-r media (they worked using dvd x copy) so i am assuming they are ok media.

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I'm not sure what your problem is but about your media being ok, you never know what your getting when you buy memorex, could be very good (ricohjpn)or it could be very bad (cmc magnetics). Use dvdinfopro or dvd identifier to see what the media code is. Here is a link to a good media guide.
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
    Have you updated the firmware on your dvdrw?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.33 Ghz 512 MB PC133 Ram
    Lite-On LDW-832S f/w VS0B DVDRW
    Win XP Nero 6.3.1.20
    DVDXCopy Xpress 3.2.1 DVD Decryptor/DVD Shrink 3.2
    I know not too impressive saving my money[/small]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  4. raceman17

raceman17 Member

Thats what the message said that i needed a non region code or something to that extent for the dvd burner. It said i needed to update the firmware but I have no clue what I am lookin for when I do this.

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I don't know who makes your dvdrw. Go to their web page and download and flash a firmware update for your model.

6. raceman17

raceman17 Member

The dvd burner is an I/O Magic. So i guess I can look for the lastst flash at there website if they have one.

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Have you set a region code for the burner in windows.

If not go into device manager, select your burner and go into properties and then into the region settings and set it up - you get 5 changes as a norm.....
    This may solve your problem........

Flashing the firmware to make it region free may also do the job.

Just beware if the re-flash goes pear shaped - it could render your burner useless (at your own risk), so try and use an official firmware if you can......

8. raceman17

raceman17 Member

Well I went there and looked at the region 1 tab was selected so I figured it was set. It said I had four chances to get it before it was final. I never set it so does that mean its not set even though the little black dot is filled in for region 1?

9. raceman17

raceman17 Member

I also tried to see if the dvd burner was in DMA mode (in the device manager) and I saw nothing there to change it or anything close to it. I am using XP professional

10. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yes it is set for region 1 - I assume that is the region in which you are - US side......

Your DMA settings are located in the IDE Controller section of device manager - displayed as Primary IDE Controller and Secondary IDE Controller......that is where you will find the DMA settings......

What region is the disc you are trying to backup?, is it a region 1 or different............

The reason for using brute force etc is due to the region code of the disc, and I would assume it is different than that of your burner - however this should not cause any issues as, you said it it goes through that fine and writes to the dvd......

It may well be an issue with the media, even though it writes to it........have you tried the written disc in any other readers or standalones and if so, do they ALL not play?

Before flashing your drive it maybe worth while to try out some different media if you can............Ritek GO4 media is a good quality brand

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[​IMG] [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  11. raceman17

raceman17 Member

The dvd I tried to burn was a region one disc. Like I said i used dvdxcopy xpress and it worked fine and it played fine (i was using the same media throught the whole time). I tried the copy that doesnt work on 3 diffent systems and it says unable to read. Do you think it could still be an issue with the media even though it worked with dvdxcopy?

12. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Hey Baabaa
    Just a guess, but what about the region settings in dvd shrink. Could that be the problem?

13. raceman17

raceman17 Member

what should those settings be set at?

14. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Make sure the region free box is checked.

15. raceman17

raceman17 Member

ok, i will check when i get home from work. Is there anything else?

16. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Try that and we'll go from there. Use dvdinfopro to see what the media code is on your memorex's (ricohjpn good cmc magnetics bad). Bad media will cause freezing, pausing, tileing, and read errors. OK.

17. raceman17

raceman17 Member

ok, ive downloaded it and i will check it out. Thanks. I will get back and post when i find out

18. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I think dvddecrypter is showing a bad compatibility with the media and maybe the writer.....

Best way to go as suggested is try the dvd shrink route and link it in with your Nero, you will probably find it may sail through......

Let us know how you get on

19. slippy048

slippy048 Guest

I have been using DVD Decrypter to rip movies to my hard drive with great success. I then use Power DVD Copy to burn to DVD-r's. P.D.C. works flawlessly, it has auto fit feature with is awesome. Power DVD Copy is well worth the $35.00 spent for it.

20. raceman17

raceman17 Member

Well, i looked at the settings on the I/O magic burner and the region setting was not defined. Well i selected region 1 and used up one of my times to change the settings. Well i went back to dvd decrypter and opened it up and did the ISO read and sure enough, the same message poped up about the region code not being set in the burner. So i went back and wasted another try and the burner still will not accept any region I set it to. So then i went to look at the dvd decrypter settings and under the tools menu and went to IFo and then region info. Then it opens the open dialog box. I have no idea were to look for the region settings on the computer? Is this were the problem is? The smae thing happens if i go to tools then IFO and then region patch then region free. It opens up the open dialog box.
    So this is what im doin now. I followed the quide on how to use dvd shrink and nero. So i "assumed" the dvd was larger than 4.7 gbs and proceded as mentioned in the guide. Right now the shrink software has it at 12% encoding so Im guessin im gonna be here for a while. I will let yall know what happens tomorrow i guess when it gets done.
    Here is another problem Im running into. I havent got my interal dvd burner yet so Im using the external one. Its connected through the usb. Well the device is set to run at the usb 2.0 and the one on my computer is the usb 1.1. So, im only transfering the data a around 900 kb/s. Is this normal with the usb 1.1 or should it better. The reading and writing are set to max but a know its takes about three hours to burn the dvds.