1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with DVD drive after uninstalling TunePat and removing virtual hard drive

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by efrappi, Jun 6, 2009.

1. efrappi

efrappi Member

I recently downloaded a free trial version of Tune Pat (A program that converts .m4b (audio book) files from iTunes and burns them to CD) and when it didn't work the way I wanted, I just stopped using it. Then my DVD burning programs (Acala DVD Copy and DVDfab 6) stopped working. I pulled up "My Computer and noticed a new Drive "I" that wasn't there before. This was the Virtual Drive created by Tune Pat. I tried downloading some programs to remove this drive but they all recognized the drive as "fixed" and wouldn't remove it. So I uninstalled Tune Pat and this successfully removed the virtual drive. I restarted and tried to burn again but now there are no drives recognized by Acala or DVD fab 6 to burn to - basically neither program is recognizing my dvd drive. It still shows up under My Computer but not in either program. I saw a fix in another post but it was for XP only and I am running Vista on my Dell Inspiron 1520. Any help would be much appreciated and plese let me know if further info is needed to fix my problem. Thanks. -Ed

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

No Vista guy, but can't you just uninstall and restart your burner from Device Manager?

3. efrappi

efrappi Member

Well I guess mine was the rare case of a fried burner - had to restore back to factory defaults and reinstall drivers but still a no go - bought an lg lightscribe burner and highly reccomend - thanks for ur help tho