1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with, DVD shrink, Xcopy, Decripter, etc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Chanta, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Chanta

Chanta Member

Hello All,

First off let me start by thannking everyone because this is a great site and it shows people like to help!.

I have been reading the forums for a long time and this is actually the first time I have ever needed to ask something, because of how complete the threads are (believe me I HAVE checked them almost all):

I am currently trying to back up my SW trilogy and I keep getting a Ciclyc Redundancy error and the Overlap error in with DVD shrink, X copy, Decripter around 50%
    I keep failing where I have seen that others have been successfull.

Now I have checked my DVD for scratches, reviewed the set up for each software, checked my DVD drives for reading failure and they play and read great other DVD's

I guess what Im asking is
    1- Does the SW trilogy have any special encription that has to me circumvented?
    2- Is there any Spy Ware or something or any other software that interferes with current decription software?
    3-Any aditional suggestions??

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you are able to decrypt 50% then it has the standard encryption same as every other dvd. The fact that it stops at the same point says that its the original that has the problem. Since you state there is no damage or dirt, then it has to be corrupt data on the original at the problem aea. The corrupt data may let you play the original OK but shows up when trying to rip the dvd. If Decrypter can't rip it then I can't see any other option except trying another copy of the dvd.

Jerry

3. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... It's possible that if the original is a DL disc, what you have is a 'layer break' ... From what I understand, on all DL discs there is a small "skip" between layers ... The size of this differs from disc to disc ... A regular DVD player doesn't care and just goes right past the break while your computer reader, attempting to achieve 100% accuracy, stalls when the break is too large ...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2004
  4. Chanta

Chanta Member

Thanks Jerry746 and catfreak!

Heheh I guess maybe I just didn't want to face the truth that the DVD set might be corrupt, but what you guys are saying sounds about right! Although it seems weird that the complete trilogy is this way, maybe this was done on purpose, who knows.

Anyway Ill keep trying, you know keep testing maybe check if I'm missing any software or settings that I overlooked.

Thanks again!

5. Chanta

Chanta Member

Update:

Ok so I did it and I reached the conclusion that just by checking the "ignore read errors" on DVDDecrypter did the trick (I'm kinda emarased to admit that this was unchecked) Also the iso method rocks! Anyway, totaly skipped the Cyclic Redundancy issue oh also I added Anydvd to the ecuation, works like a charm ;).

I have learned now to alaways check and recheck my settings because you think you have it figured out and boom! a simple issue like this keeps you wasting your precious time.

Thanks to all