1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with dvd shrink?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by snoopydog, Oct 3, 2004.

1. snoopydog

snoopydog Guest

i used dvd shrink and have nero ver. 1.6.0.1 and an error came up after encoding was finished. if you would like to know the error pm me or i will post it later. i am running win 2k with a lite-on dvd burner. the movie was the big lebowski and this was my first backup attempt ever. any help at all thanks.

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

are you seriuosly using version 1 of nero or was that a typo??
    Also, if you post the error in the forum, it makes it a lot easier for people to help, also post your computer specs and programs used.
    My first tip wiould be download the newest version of nero, dvd shrink, dvd decrypter, dvd43 version 1.4, and check for new firmware for your burner

3. snoopydog

snoopydog Guest

i burned the movie and it doesnt work on my apex dvd player but works on my computer. i hope it works on my other dvd players

4. snoopydog

snoopydog Guest

it worked on my amw dvd player..but not my apex. is there something wrong with the apex brand and the dvd+r discs.

5. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

what was the error though??? after burning

DVD-R are supposed to be the most compatible on older drives. Most newer drives are able to play back either

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php to see if your player is compatible.

Also, if it plays on your computer and a standalone, but not the other, then i would look at a media problem straight away

6. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

and it would pay to update your burning programs/firmware like i suggested

7. snoopydog

snoopydog Guest

sorry i dont have the error anymore but if i do ill will show it to you if it happens again. it worked on 3/4 dvd players here so thats good enough for me.

8. snoopydog

snoopydog Guest

sorry i have ver. 5.5