1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with DVDRs with Memorex covers

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sixer19, Aug 15, 2004.

1. sixer19

sixer19 Member

When I make memorex covers for my DVDRs, the movies wont play in most dvd players. I was wondering if anyone has had this same problem and knew of any dvd players that will work with dvdr that had dvd covers on it.

Thanks

Problem with DVDRs with Memorex covers

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. sixer19

sixer19 Member

Thanks man. Those helped. I have been using Memorex label covers for my DVDs. The DVDs play in my computer and my friends sylvania srd 2900 fine.

Are you using covers? If so, what DVD players are you using with your DVD covers?

Instead doing new Dvds over again, I want to buy a player that works with dvd covers.

Thanks

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

I've never placed a single label on any of the many DVDs I've burned. Too many problems associated with them. I write the title on the disc with a sharpie, put it in a big CD wallet and call it good. personally I've never seen the logic in making backups "pretty" since they're backups anyway, but that may just be me.

You're going to hard pressed to find a player that is guaranteed to play discs that have labels on them. Only trial and error is going to possibly find one :)

5. sixer19

sixer19 Member

you are right about backups. i stopped using covers and i now use a sharpie pen too.

thanks for the help

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi sixer19, The one dvd player I have that plays dvd's with labels is a Sony DVP-PQ1. Its a strange looking unit that looks like a slanted flying saucer. I think it plays everything with labels because you have to push the dvd onto the spindel so it snaps on tight. With this system there is no slipage as in magnetic or pressure fit drive spindles. It works great for me but I still am against labels for most users. I bought it because it didn't take up much room on the shelf. Turned out to be a good little unit.

Jerry