1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with DVR Seeing WD Drive

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by spirittoo, Sep 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

Every time I get one of these WD USB external drives I have a problem getting it to work with my Iview DVR OTA. Usually I can get it to work after formatting it on the computer and on the DVR but it is not working this time.

When I do the format on the DVR it will see the drive and even record shows. I can play it back on the DVR, but when I connect it to the computer to edit out commercials I get a message the drive was corrupt and needs to be formatted. Other times after getting the DVR to see the drive I will turn it off and try to get it to do a program record and it reports there is no disk even though it recorded earlier.

This is the my passport drive the 2Tb. I have a 1 Tb my passport drive and it works fine with the DVR. Why one will work and not the other is beyond, me. I have had this happen to me before with other WD external drives, and I had to sent them back for a replacement. Usually the replacement will work. Why ... I don't know, if anyone has an idea what is going on please post.

Thanks for reading my post.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.