1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Empty Media/Burner

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Bongmania, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Bongmania

Bongmania Member

Ran across this problem today. I have an LG 4082B burner and I recently obtained a box of 10 Packard Bell DVD-R 1-4x blanks. Burned four of them without problems, but when I tried to burn one today, Nero constantly kept on insisting that there was no empty disc in the drive, e.g the drive does not seem to recognize the blanks at all. I updated the firmware to the newest version and tried a couple of other tricks but so far, nothing I've done has helped with the problem.

It reads allready burned disks just fine, tried it. And Im going to try with other brand DVD-R's today to see if the problem is in the Packard Bell discs.

Any ideas people?

2. Bongmania

Bongmania Member

Never mind fellas, it seems that the problem was with the Packard Bell POS blanks. I bought a single Maxell DVD-R and the drive identified it immidiately without any problems at all.

Now, Im just pissed off that I used 24 euros on those damn Packard Bell disks, time to try and get some refund.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey bong, that darn cheap media does all kinds of crap when it comes to pc and home stand alone dvd burning. Ebay those packard bell's if you don't get a refund. Those maxell's are pretty good.Later