1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Fairuse Wizard

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by perki3, Feb 19, 2008.

1. perki3

perki3 Member

For the first time ever AutoGK didn't work it gave me some error message. So I decided to try the ever so famous Fairuse Wizard. Everyone says its the best ever and blah blah blah. Well it gets to 54 percent and then is a not responder. I have tried about 20 times changing settings trying from the hard drive everything. Does anyone know what this could be?

2. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

perki3,

Are you receiving an error message, or the program just droops and does nothing altogether?

3. perki3

perki3 Member

FairUse Wizard just sits there at 54 percent and uses up 50 of my cpu. AutoGK gives me the error message. I had tried two different movies and both didn't work. Up to this point AutoGK was flawless. But I decided to try yet another one and its working with FairUse. I guess I chose two movies that have some sort of a problem with being turned into an avi... So... at least for me Independence Day and U-571 give me hell and the rest are nice... LOL

4. Beans4u

Beans4u Member

Does anyone else have any issues with Fairuse Wizard? I've used it once to convert to avi format but since then I haven't been able to use it. I start it and then it stops working all the time. I am running Win Vista. Any ideas?

5. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

I have no problems running it in both XP and Vista. Try a clean reinstall.

6. jony218

jony218 Guest

there was a time that fairuse kept crashing on me. It took me 3 weeks to figure out what the problem was, I was able to trace the problem to the program ultraISO, even though I didn't have ultraISO running at the time, it was causing fairuse to crash. I had to completely remove ultraISO to fix the problem.

Sometimes a program running in the background can be the cause of the problem.

Every once in a while, I look for a replacement for fairuse but I have not been able to find one. There are only two programs that I consider invaluable to me one is fairuse and the other is dvdhrink 3.2. From reading the fairuse forums, I don't think it is being updated on a regular basis anymore, but even in it's current version, it works good enough for me and most other users.

7. Beans4u

Beans4u Member

Well I'll remove Ultra Iso and then try running Fairuse Wizard again. Is it able to convert vob to avi?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  8. jony218

jony218 Guest

Fairuse can only convert ISO's to avi.
    1. I rip with dvdfabhdecrypter.
    2. I shrink those files and save to ISO with dvdshrink 3.2
    3. I convert the ISO to xvid with fairuse.

IF dvdshrink can't open the rip files, you need to run them through fixvts first.

I've done over a 100 conversions this way, every one has came out perfect. The only type of DVD's that fairuse has problem with is episodic DVD's, on those occasion's I use dr.divx 2.0, it works great on episodic dvd's and it converts the vob's directly (ISO not required)

Note - the folders where your vob's are located must be converted to ISO using dvdshrink only. I've tried converting those folders to ISO using nero and ultraISO, but fairuse won't open them.

9. Beans4u

Beans4u Member

Thanks for the clarification, for some reason I thought fairuse was able to convert vob to avi. I'll give a got the way you said. Thank you again

One question, how do I use Dvd Shrink to convert vob to iso?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  10. Beans4u

Beans4u Member

Thanks, I got it to work.