1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with GBA Roms.

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by ArchGerb, Aug 3, 2007.

1. ArchGerb

ArchGerb Member

I am having trouble whenever I try to run a GBA rom on my M3 lite. I use the game manager software to put it on the SD card. It goes into the root directory and shows up on the dashboard fine, but when I go to play it I have to select it twice and then it says "loading NDS Game for M3" there is a quick progress bar and then the screen goes black and won't do anything until I turn off the power.

I am using an M3 lite with a 1 gig SD card formated to FAT16, with a passcard(also without. The firmware and manager were supplied with the M3. This only happens on GBA games DS games run fine. I have tried it on two different DSs and with two different M3s. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

If your having to press A twice it means your in DS mode, you need to be in GBA mode for the games to work.

To enter GBA mode either remove your Pass device and then turn on the DS, or turn on the DS and press the 'Start' button at the main menu of the M3.

3. ArchGerb

ArchGerb Member

You were correct that I was in DS mode however it still does not work. When I try it in GBA mode I select the game and it goes to a "'gamesave' restore menu" Then I select again and then it goes through a loading screen and then turn white. And again I have to turn the DS off because it just sits there.

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Try loading the game (in GBA mode) using the Start button instaed of A, this makes the M3 use a different method when loading the game.

If it still does not work then delete the game from your card and copy it back on this time without using the gamemanager, also get the blank save file from C:\Program Files\M3 Game Manager\Save and copy it to your gamesave folder on the SD and rename it to be the same as the GBA game filename.

5. ArchGerb

ArchGerb Member

I actually just got it to work by playing with the saver file settings. Now is there a guide around to setting this up? Because I couldn't find one so I just had to work my way through it.