1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with GC after install of Viper Extreme

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by rokker33, Jan 23, 2007.

1. rokker33

rokker33 Member

I installed the viper GC and have the following issue:

I never got the initial BIOS screen... had to program cobra 2.1 using the USB - which worked.

Now, when I have the Viper enabled and power on the GC: one of three things happens:

a) the drive SOMETIMES comes on and the screen stays blue - nothing else happens.
    b) it boots into Cobra and works fine
    c) it boots into normal GC mode and runs like a non-viper GC.

When I try holding down A, X or Y and SOMETIMES the Cobra interface turns on when I power the unit. When I do get the interface to come up, it does work fine.

If I disable the Viper, it goes straight into the normal mode and works fine.

I have looked at the install using a magnifiying glass but I can't find any problems with the wiring.

Any ides on this? Does it sound like a wiring problem or a bad Viper and which wire should I be checking?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

sounds like a wireing or bad flash to the chip try reflashing with another bios

3. rokker33

rokker33 Member

I flashed it with GCOS but it had the same results. I then went back to cobra 2.1 and it still has the same results, so I don't think it's the bios.

4. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

check the wiring then usaully the problem it's quite minor and really it is hard to solder correctly on the gamecube mainboard