1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Graphics on SWAT 4

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by farahm2, Oct 23, 2007.

1. farahm2

farahm2 Member

hey everyone, well i got SWAT 4 and intsalled it and everything but when i play it, there is a problem. The screen is all messed up. kinda hard to describe it in words, so take a look at the picture.

[​IMG]

so can anyone tell me what the problem is here, and how i can fix it?

(ps, i dont think that it should have anything to do with my video card, because it is an Nvidia 6200 series,,, and also when i play other games on the same computer, they are perfectly fine!)

2. SSDrifter

SSDrifter Guest

Have you overclocked your Graphics Card?

3. farahm2

farahm2 Member

what does that mean?

4. farahm2

farahm2 Member

hey, i was doing some research on my problem and i read that i should update all my drivers and reinstall the game. So thats what i did, and now it works, but i have another problem now. I cant see any of the buttons. I cant see where it would say start game or something like that. When i move my mouse over them, i can hear the blips (the little noises it makes) but i cant see them.
    So does anyone know whats hapening now? and how i could fix it?

5. SSDrifter

SSDrifter Guest

Over clocking is when u push your Graphics card to Process faster using a software. I suggest you go to nvidia.com and download the latest driver. It should work, cuz i have 5200FX and it works perfectly on my Graphics card. or just check if you havnt changed any graphical enhancement.

6. farahm2

farahm2 Member

yeah, i think i realized i was doing that so i decreased the video settings in the game and i updated all my drivers and the game is clear now. but now, whenever i start the game, i cant see the menus. i can hear the little noises when the mouse moves over the buttons but i cant see any of them. is this another problem withe my graphics card, or a problem with the game??

7. SSDrifter

SSDrifter Guest

this has to be a problem with the game. Right-click on the icon and check if there is anything unusual with the properties.

8. farahm2

farahm2 Member

i took a look at the properties of the game. i dont think there was anything wrong, but just to be safe, im going to let u take a look

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so what do u think? anything wrong?

9. farahm2

farahm2 Member

just to give you a clear image of what i am talking about, take a look at these 2 pictures. the top on is how it should look. and then the bottom one is whats happening with me. Still, nothing has changed.

[​IMG]
    (i got this pic off the internet thats why some options are dim, all the options on my computer were bright)

[​IMG]
    (this is whats hapening to me.)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  10. SSDrifter

SSDrifter Guest

I know what you mean. I think there is still some settings that you have enable that is making he menu go away. Try In Properties>Compatibility Tick the "Run in 256 Colour", "Run in 640x480" and the" Disable visual Theme" boxes it may help, but in not sure.

11. cunese

cunese Guest

HEY MAN IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM IF SMBDY KNOWS HOW TO FIX IT PLZ PLZ PLZ I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF U COULD SEND ME A MAIL TO:

fede.cunese@hotmail.com

PLZZZ, I MUST PLAY IT