1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with HP DVD Writer 740b

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by codechunt, Oct 14, 2007.

1. codechunt

codechunt Guest

This is my first-ever question , here at AfterDawn .
    My " HP DVD Writer 740b " plays both DVDs and CDs with very 'choppy' audio and video .
    The error messages that I receive tell me that a file named " MyDVD.MSI " is missing .
    Is this file , MyDVD.MSI ,something that I can download somewhere from the internet ?

2. JVC

JVC Active member

3. codechunt

codechunt Guest

Hello JVC :
    Simply want to say , " Thank You " , for your help with this frustrating problem . I believe you' re the only one to reply to my question .
    I have not yet tried the links that you suggested , but , I was so happy to get a reply that I wanted to thank you in advance .
    My son and I bought both of our PCs at STAPLES Business Depot and , for $50.00 , he took his PC in to get the exact same problem fixed . I think somewhere in the files for HP DVD Writer , I saw a file saying that a " Trial Period " had expired . Don' t remember what the file-name was ?
    I have a ' sneaking ' suspicion that this is a bit of a scam by STAPLES to get an extra $50. out of a customer when you don' t purchase their ' Warranty Plan ' ! So , I' m making the effort to find a cure without their help .
    Once again , " Thank You " . I sincerely appreciate your help .
    Yours respectfully ,
    codechunt