1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Iso Buster

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by straubd, Oct 9, 2003.

1. straubd

straubd Guest

I'm wondering if anyone has had this before:
    I try to extract an iso from a bin file but I get a .tao file instead. I don't know what that format is but it won't play the file when it's burned. What program uses that format?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

TAO = Track-at-once.

To extract data from CD Images using CDMage, first open the image using CDMage (or drag-n-drop). Note that you have to correctly select the input parameters in order to open it (trial and error will suffice). Once the image is opened, goto the file(s) you want to extract, right click and select 'Extract Files...' provide the destination you want to extract to and whatever settings you desire and click 'Extract' (You can get CDMage from http://cdmage.orcon.net.nz/frames.html)

To extract data from a CD Image using ISOBuster, first open the image (or drag-n-drop). Then select the file(s), right-click and select either "Extract <filename>" or "Extract Objects". Specify the destination you want to extract to and click OK/Save. (You can get ISOBUster from http://www.cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/isobuster.cfm)

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

2 seperate file formats here m8. Take Preators advice by using CDMage (freebie) and extract the iso seperate or burn the iso. Do the same for your bin& cue file as well.

Shoey :)

4. Praetor

OMG i cant believe i missed that lol

5. straubd

straubd Guest

Thanks so much for the input everyone. I will try cd mage and see if that helps.

6. Praetor

Let us know how it turns out! :)

7. straubd

straubd Guest

Well I took your advice shoey and I got this message when I tried to extract the bin file "invalid format of file E:\documents and settings\x\desktop\midnightclubII\rzr-mc2a.bin" so I looked at the cue file and this is what I found FILE "RZR-MC2A.BIN" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    In cdmage I selected mode2 2352 as the cue file instructed. Would I get this error if I just moved the file from another hdd? It would be strange but I suppose anythings possable. Any help would be appreciated. I've been fooling with this file for the last coupla weeks and it's driving me crazy trying to extract the damn thing. Thanks all.

8. Wernicke

Wernicke Member

Try dragging and dropping the file onto an active CDMage session as Praetor said, it should then ask you what format to choose. Choose Mode2/2352 or again as Praetor stated try all modes until CDMage accepts the file. It should open. I would scan for corruption from there. If it doesn't open or the scan won't complete I would re-download the file or try a copy from another hard drive as you stated.

What is the file size?

Wernicke

Last edited: Oct 14, 2003
  9. straubd

straubd Guest

I have 2 files @ 808mb and 768mb. I can't drag and drop any of the cue files but I can drag the bin files I get the pop up asking me what mode I want to try and it won't work with either one. Frankly I'm stumped. Any ideas?
    Also, why won't it work with the cue files? I verified the file and it appears to be in order per instructions I read from this site(ps this site rocks).I'm still a noob at this so I appreciate the help._X_X_X_X_X_[small]"There is no magic server pixie dust"[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2003
  10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Did you try clicking file>open> files as type: CDRWin *cue* >load?

Shoey :)

11. straubd

straubd Guest

Yeah I tried that but still got an error msg "Invalid format of file mc2a.bin." when I loaded the cue file. does this look right for a cue file?FILE "MC2A.BIN" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    I did change the name of the bin and the file because it was giving me the same error. I thought this might be due to a file name or something.

12. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Midnight Club II is SecuROM 4.8.4 cd protected. Does this pc game contain 2 cd's (or images)? I would try Alcohol 120& and and burn RAW DAO at 8x, then use ClonyXXL to scan if Midnight Club II contains more than 1 cd (or image). If Midnight Club II contains 2 cd's (or images) then burn both images RAW DAO, then use ClonyXXL and scan to determine if both, or one cd (or image) is SecuROM 4.8.4 cd protected. The absolute best option would be to create 2 virtual stealth drives using Alcohol 120%>mount both images(cue files), then scan with ClonyXXL Either way you have to make a backup to a cd-r(w) to create a bwa file m8. The game "might" install\play from your created virtual stealth drives with emulation (SecuROM) but I doubt this will work.

Shoey

13. straubd

straubd Guest

Man It's not worth the trouble. I thought if the file was in a bin form the protection was already removed. My burner was a piece of #$^% and I thought that might have something to do with it so I got a new one (lg 4040i all format burner schweet). I'll try to burn it again but if it doesn't work I'll just buy the damn thing.
    !@#$^% file protection. Protect this (finger).
    Thanks for all the help everyone.

14. Praetor

While the dual-format burning may be nice... know that the at least the CD burning component will not be anything near up to par... only because of LG's reputation or rather, lack thereof of long-term qualitiy when it comes to their CD burners.... i unfortunately have bought mnay LG burners all at excellent prices i might add and the only one still alive is the 16x10x32 :) .... anyways, a war story for another day hehe