1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem With Lite-On LH-20A1H

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by UrAteUp, Jul 5, 2009.

1. UrAteUp

UrAteUp Member

I have a Lite-On LH-20A1H Combo DVD-ROM/CD-Rom drive. I have had no problems untill recently. I have been using Verbatim or Sony DVDs in this thing with great success. Recently however, I can not get it to recognize or see it has a blank disk in it.

I updated the firmware and then it stopped reading any DVDs at all. DVD backups, bought movies...none seem to work in it.

I can play CDs of any kind with no problems and even burn them but the DVD side just doesn't do anything.

Any ideas? or is it time to buy a new DVD-burner?
    (buying a new one will piss me off as this one is only 2 years old)

2. dailun

dailun Active member

"Only" 2 years old!?!?!?!?!

I never plan on keeping one more than a year, but then again I burn more discs in 1 month than most people do in several years. (Members of this forum notwithstanding.)

Besides, it's not the age of the Burner that matters, hours powered on, number of discs read/burn are a far more significant factor.

Occam's razor says is most likely time to replace your burner.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  3. UrAteUp

UrAteUp Member

dailun,

Thank you for the reply and the info. I kind of figured it was time to replace the burner. It has burned a good number of both DVDs and CDs. I ordered a new one from Newegg.