1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with liteon 5045 recording message

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by technium, Oct 5, 2007.

1. technium

technium Guest

Not sure if this is really a problem but I have just got a liteone 5045 160gb hard disk dvd recorder. Everything is fine but when you press to record something the "recording" message and timer stays on the screen until I press stop, which spoils watching whatever I am recording.

Is there a way to get this message to go away after a few seconds or click of a button or something?

thanks

2. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

Hi technium, while on timer recording, there's no way of removing the display bar, if you just press "record" or press "record" multiple times to activate the OTR(One Touch Recording)then you can press the "display" button on the remote and the display bar will be removed, so maybe just a slight change in habit, while you are away, use the timers, when watching and recording, use "record" or "OTR".

Cheers

CC

3. technium

technium Guest

thanks that worked a treat at least its watchable now.

Another thing, when I try to edit out add breaks I hide chapters but If I insert a chapter and then hide them the previous chapter I already hid seems to unhide itself, is this common as I have to keep going out and going back in the re hide the previous chapters.

thanks again

4. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

Yes, that would be the nature of the beast. When I hide chapters, I insert a chapter mark at the start and end points of the add then remove all the chapter marks in between those two points and hide the add chapte. So include all the material that you want to hide in one chapter, ensure that no other chapter marks are between the start and end points and hide.

Try a bit of practice before working on a keeper project, this way you won't mangle your project. I find that when I'm not satisfied with a chapter mark and try to remove and reinstall it, it seems that the recorder will go and grab the same previously encrypted point.

As soon as you add a chapter mark within a hidden chapter, the back end (start point) will unhide and only the front end (end point) will still be hidden, in reality, you have done is shorten the hidden chapter.

While in EDIT mode, pressing stop repeatadly will move you somewhat frame-by-frame for a more precise positioning of chapter or split marks. The Liteon-based HDD recorders have a tendency to insert (or split) slightly a bit before the stopped position under EDIT, more apparent in the split, chapter marks are pretty dead on, just a bit back.

Hope this helps

CC