1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with m2p files

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by brettski, Apr 11, 2003.

1. brettski

brettski Member

I am fairly new to vcd/svcd. I have used Canopus Procoder to encode to svcd. However, unlike other programs I have tried, the result is a m2p file. I am able to open these files and play them in Windows Media Player, and I am able to burn a svcd with these files using Nero.
    However, I have not been able to figure out how to split these files. No program I have tried recognizes these files in the Splitter program (unlike typical svcd/mpeg2 files generated by other programs).I have tried to rename the files to .mpg with no success.
    Any suggestions on a how to split m2p files would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. brettski

brettski Member

I figured out how to get nanoedit to recognize this file type and split it. I wasn't able to rename the m2p file, but I was able to change the search to *all files and add my m2p file into nanoedit that way. I feel pretty dumb, but I'm learning this vcd/svcd stuff slowly but surely (I think/hope).
    This and the original post can be deleted if the moderator sees fit.

PS - I have learned a lot from the posters on this Forum.