1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with M3 Real and Spiderwick Chronicles

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by TrypWyr, Feb 11, 2008.

1. TrypWyr

TrypWyr Guest

The game will launch, but hangs when I choose Adventure from the menu. Has anyone else had this problem on the M3 Real?

Thanks guys!
    TrypWyr

2. silk42

silk42 Regular member

I haven't tried this game, but since it just came out, it's possible that you'll need a firmware update to play it correctly. I'm sure someone else has tried it. If I get bored, I might test it on both the M3 Real and the R4. If I do, I'll report back.

PS - If an update is needed, you'll probably see one posted in the next few weeks to address the issue.

3. TrypWyr

TrypWyr Guest

Yeah, I've been checking for an update but nothing yet. Ah well, I'll try a little black magic on it and see if I can get it going.

Thanks silk42!

TrypWyr

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I have just tried it with no problems on my M3 Real, game loaded, selected adventure, walked around for a minute, started the first chapter. Didn't hang.

I didn't enable any of the M3 special functions so soft-reset etc. was all turned off.

5. tripplite

tripplite Guest

if the game needs to be patched patch it!!! get the rom from a different download or get the R4 much better then the m3

6. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The game does not need to be patched, the R4 is an outdated cart which has been surpassed by several other carts now, i haven't touched my R4 for months now. (not saying the R4 is bad, but rather if your buying a new cart there are now better choices)

7. TrypWyr

TrypWyr Guest

Got it working. Got a new copy of the ROM, turned off soft reset and all worked fine. No sure which fixed it, but I'm happy.

[Edit]
    Wow, lik an idiot I started extoling the virtues of this game, only to realize after I posted that I was thinking of a different game!

But if anyone's interested, Professor Layton and the Curious Village is a nice puzzle diversion... ;)

Thanks all!
    TrypWyr

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2008