1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with my DVD burner...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Summoner, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Summoner

Summoner Member

Last night I finished making a copy of a movie I just bought...and restarted after running a virus check...but after restarting my DVD drive wont open...it's not even registering when I look in My Computer...this isn't the first time it's happened but a friend helped me fix it, but he's currently out of town and I have no clue what to do...anyone have some advice?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Turn off your PC,

Unplug your drive,
    restart your PC,
    Turn off your PC, reconnect your drive,

restart your PC and allow Win to find it and install it.

You s/b fine ~ ~

Pete

3. Summoner

Summoner Member

Any idea how this happened to begin with? I didn't kick it or anything like that...

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Gremlins . . . . . :)

5. Summoner

Summoner Member

Your suggestion worked. ^^ Thanks much, Pete.

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Summoner,

Now that you're doing well, that doesn't mean it's time for you to up and Ski-dattle - this is a give and take kind of a deal - we had fun helping you, now, the next time, you get to have some fun yourself :)

It's people like you who make this site work - You've seen how we work and you've seen that we had fun doing it - Now it's your turn, stop back when you're free and help someone else - You'll have fun and, a chance to learn some more, (teaching is a learning experience too you know) the people you help will appreciate it and it will make you feel better :)
    Then you'll have a chance to "Welcome" them into our little Club :D

Take a few minutes and check out our opening page. We've got a ton"O"stuff here at aD – Checkout other forums, we have the "Safety Valve" a forum about anything – from "What's bugging you," "Where members come from" OR the best joke you've heard – OR, check out our forums on Digital Camcorders, Photography, Home Theater components, Games, p2p topics or even Cellular phones.

We hope to see you around when you're NOT having problems to solve -

You'll find us hanging out, over there by the water cooler, under the potted palm, chewing the fat and trying to help the next Newbie with the weight of the burning world upon their shoulders -

We'll be lQQking for you ~ ~>

Sea ya soon,

Pete :b)

7. Summoner

Summoner Member

I'm hardly going anywhere...heh. I check here rather often to see what movies are giving people problems. And if I know the solution I'll post it (which isn't often...I've only been burning for maybe 2 months...). ^^;;;;

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

No worries,

Just "lurking" in the wings is bound to garner you some little tidbits to make your burn time if anything, at least more fun -

Cheers,

"P"