1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with my DVD Rom, DVD R/RW

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by h9290, Jan 7, 2005.

1. h9290

h9290 Member

Im useing a Windows Xp Pr,,
    I have a LG DVD Rom & a SamSung DVD R/RW

I got this problem when i was checking my dvd backups,
    at first when i started useing my writer i used to use Sky (DVD+R) cds to do movie backup,which can take about 6 files in,i just changed to Datalife (DVDR),i burned like 3 dvds and they finished with no problems,,so when i wanted to check the data on them,,it had nothing in it !! thats on the writer when i checked it,and when i put it on the DVD Rom it doesnt even open,PLEASE help me,,any idea how i can solve this problem !! the movies i copied into them i already deleted and theya re realy important

2. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

If you have tried it in both of your DVD-Rom drives, then it sounds like bad media or burns.

Unfortunately if this is the case then im afraid you have lost the data.

You could always try on a friends DVD-Rom to see if it is the discs or your system that is at fault.

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Don't panic yet. If they're O.K. with the burner, try burn them back to HD first.

4. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

His post said he had tried both drives and found no data on the DVD on both devices.

Unless im reading his post wrong ?

5. h9290

h9290 Member

True (maven1975),,i tried opening the DVD on the dvdrom and the writer too,but they dont,,they did burn ok without any errorz,as i said before i did they as data !! and its not the first time cuz i always do them as data

6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Still, try to use the same burning program to see if you can burn them back. Sometimes you may get lucky.

7. h9290

h9290 Member

how do i burn them back to the HD ??
    the cd doesnt work on the burner ! it gives u that the cd is blank,if u think there is a way,im useing Nero 6,how will i do that ?

8. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

Its evident this disc is not going to work on your system, so try a friends and see what happens, at least if it works on his/hers you can recover the data.

Have you burnt any discs since then, using different media just to ensure your burner is not on its way out?

9. h9290

h9290 Member

Well thank every one who tried to help,i checked the cds on my friends computer and it had the same problem,i think there is somthing wrong with the dvds,,anyway i just got rid of them already,i was pissed all ready,ive lost alot,and im not ready to lose more so ill just get back to use my old brand dvds,thank you every one

10. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

Sorry to hear the discs where no good,

But if a media works for you then there is really no need to change it, as you have found out the hard way im afraid.