1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with my finish vcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dazz87, May 25, 2002.

1. dazz87

dazz87 Guest

the vcd i made works on my dvd player on my cpu. but for some reason it does not work on my dvd in the living room. both my players are Sony. im using Memorex cd-r 700mb. why would it play on my cpu dvd player and not on the other one?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Ok, so your VCD works with your PC, but not with your stand-alone DVD player, right?

If something plays on PC, it doesn't tell a rat's **s about the burning process, how it was done, etc because PC will play virtually anything, whether it complies with standards or not.

So, first thing what I would do is to see that you burned it "correctly" (finalizing, using 4x or slower and VideoCD template within Nero or other burner software). After you've done that, find out the fact that 90% of Sony's DVD players only support CDRWs and cetain CDR brands (namely Princo), nothing else.

3. dazz87

dazz87 Guest

i went ahead and used the guide on this site (smartripper, dvd2avi, tmpgenc, nero...) i did finalizing and burned it at 4x. so i guess maybe its my dvd player. wat do u mean by "template within Nero?" i was wondering how do i add subtitle to my vcd? with the guide i followed it didnt say.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2002
  4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Ok, then your problem is definately with the media -- simply burn the thing to CDRW disc and see if it works. It should.